The â€œSolution Engineerâ€ is a new and unique role at Jaspersoft that will set our post-sales services and Support apart from other software vendors. The ideal candidate is a â€œjack of all tradesâ€ who can act both as a technical customization specialist and a master of client relations.
The individual in this role will interact directly with customers in need (as identified by Technical Support, in collaboration with other groups). You will serve two primary purposes:
- Assisting customers in developing solutions that involve minor customizations or address unusual usage patterns with Jaspersoft products. The person in this role will specialize not only in best practices, but also in product extension. This person will also be able to â€œdig deepâ€ and experiment with the product to uncover solutions that are less than obvious when timeliness is critical.
- Act as a technical account liaison for customers with numerous ongoing issues that require follow-up and (potentially) assistance from other teams.
Also, you will contribute valuable information to our growing self-service knowledge repositories.
As a member of the Technical Support team, you will be a part of Jaspersoft's Engineering organization. You will have the benefit of working closely with our Senior Developers, Architects, and the Project Leads for our world-famous open source projects (JasperReports, JasperSoft Studio, JasperReports Server, etc.).
As a leading open source software company, Jaspersoft relies on the excellence of our support and services. We strive to innovate, and break the boundaries of traditional â€œsupportâ€ to develop a leading model for Technical Support and Support-related services. . In recent years, Gartner (a market research company) has ranked Jaspersoft as high as #1 in customer support among Business Intelligence vendors â€" the individual filling this role will work within the Technical Support team to ensure that we continue this tradition of excellence.
- Manage customer issues related to the installation, configuration, and implementation of Jaspersoft products on a timely basis , provide effective and clear communication, and establish appropriate expectations with clients
- NOTE: Most issues are logged via Web and Email (written)
- Assist customers with requests that involve minor customization of Jaspersoft's products (examples include integration of specific points into an external customer application via web services or client-side concepts, customization to integrate with external security providers, custom report development, etc.)
- Improve relations with designated customers in temporary need of an internal advocate within our organization
- Log defects and enhancement requests on behalf of customers and identify immediate workaround solutions.
- Take ownership of and act in a development capacity on process and tool improvement projects.
- Identify and recommend improvements in knowledge content and organization, processes, and workflow in support of Customer Success and team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Write and review technical knowledge base articles, solutions, FAQs, examples, and how-to's for publication to a customer and company knowledge system.
- Professional experience troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relational databases, XML sources, web services, and/or big data back end systems
- 5+ years troubleshooting/technical experience with:
- Java and Java Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and Spring Security (formerly Acegi)
- Operating Systems such as Linux, Unix, Windows, and AIX
- Various databases including MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, and/or PostreSQL
- Various application servers including Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Weblogic, and GlassFish
- REST, web services, SOAP, and diagnostic clients used to troubleshoot web-based APIs
- Security providers like LDAP and CAS
- Some experience developing software solutions, applications, etc. in Java and other languages
- The ability to learn quickly
- Excellent problem investigation and solving skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer management skills
- Ability to empathize and interact effectively with demanding enterprise accounts
- The ability to organize lists of customer issues in a manner that effectively conveys status and progress, and ultimately drives issues toward resolution
- Exceptional ability to discern between an enhancement and a defect, and respond appropriately
- Strong time management skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Fluency in multiple languages (English, plus French, German, and/or Spanish) a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience deploying Business Intelligence (BI) related software and building reports within BI related software a strong plus
- Experience with open source software solutions
- A passion for exploring exciting new technologies
- Timeliness: a sense of urgency when interacting with customers
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations
- Integrity, and a desire to honor all commitments
- A drive to achieve new and great things, and contribute to Jaspersoft's success through the success of our customers and our team
- An understanding of the importance and value of maintaining a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge with customers and peers, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, effectively â€œswitch gearsâ€, and manage multiple issues, actions, and time-critical tasks
- Exceptional motivation
- Unwavering attention to detail