Sr. Data Analyst Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Data Analyst
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
The Sr. Analyst will join our Analytics team to support a fast growing business within Demand Media. We are looking for someone with a good mix of analytical, business, and technical skills. The ideal candidate will have a curious mind, solid SQL skills, a passion for solving complex analytical problems and presenting them in a clear, understandable manner.
- As a member of the Content Channels based in our Santa Monica office you will collaborate with our SEO, Editorial, Product, Business & Account Development and Operations teams to ensure that we deploy and maintain optimal partnerships. Our solutions include original data-informed, content created through our content creation business - Demand Media Studios, which are delivered as custom, fully managed web experiences to leading publishers, brands and retailers.
- Work with a driven and highly motivated team to assist with analysis and decision making that impacts growth, performance and revenue generation.
- Provide regular reports on key business metrics to senior management
- Write complex and efficient SQL queries to pull, summarize and analyze data from multiple data sources
- Work with the engineering team to make sure the site is properly instrumented for the metrics we want to measure and track
- BS/MS in a quantitative field (Math/Science/Engineering) or MBA
- 3-7 years of experience in an analytical role working with large-scale, complex datasets, preferably in web/search analytics. Title and compensation will depend on experience.
- Solid SQL skills. SQL is crucial to what we do, but it is only one of the tools in our toolkit. You should be able to write complex queries with minimal effort to quickly focus on analyzing the data
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience in Google Analytics, Omniture Insight, or similar analytics package
- Experience with A/B Testing
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Must be a self-starter who is able to manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance and supervision
- Experience with R or similar statistical packages will be helpful
- Ability to write or learn scripting languages such as Python is a plus
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED