Sr Global Logistics DRP Analyst 3 Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and/or final approval of assigned products through the distribution channels. Coordinates or initiates distribution plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Reviews and maintains forecasts of assigned materials for each assigned distribution channel. Maintains distribution channels and provides input to management. As requested, interfaces with Production Planners, Distribution Channel Logistics, Customer Service, Marketing, Production, Quality Assurance, Sales, Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving, Finance and Accounting, and Vendors to review order status, prioritize orders and address other planning issues. Works on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of situation or data is required. Exercises judgment within generally defined policies and methods in obtaining a solution. Normally receives no instruction on routine work and only general instructions on new assignments.
1. Responsible for forecasting distribution channel demand with input from Channel Logistic personnel and Marketing personnel.
2. Evaluate distribution planning parameters with channel logistic personnel to ensure accuracy and that they provide the optimal balance of inventory value, customer service, inventory turns and replenishment costs.
3. Evaluate and monitor storage capacity, inventory levels and inventory turns in assigned distribution channels to insure distribution goals can be met.
4. Analyze assigned distribution channels and employ generally accepted methods to improve overall performance.
5. Responsible for determining the quantity and due date of material requirements for assigned distribution channels.
6. Coordinate or initiates the release of distribution orders, production orders, or purchase requisitions as appropriate for assigned items and assigned distribution channels.
7. Interface with Production Planners, Channel Logistics, Production, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Receiving, Shipping, Purchasing, Finance and Accounting, Sales, and Vendors to communicate or coordinate order status and other materials issues.
8. Create, record or maintain Production Planning, Distribution and Inventory Control records as required or requested.
9. Prepare and/or distribute Production Planning, Distribution Planning, back order reporting, and Inventory Control reports/queries as requested.
10. Represent Global Logistics in meetings as required or assigned.
11. Maintain target levels for service level and inventory turns.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Test and implement DRP for new Branches and spokes.
2. Assist with Branch software efforts and procedures.
3. Write and maintain SOP's for job duties.
4. Provide back up for department coworkers.
5. Provide training to coworkers and Distribution Channel logistics personnel.
1. Bachelor?s degree in Supply Chain or Business or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
2. Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
3. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
4. A minimum of 5 year of planning and or demand forecasting experience working with an ERP or MRPII system.
5. Strong communication and customer service skills.
1. MRP and foreasting experience in SAP.
2. APICS certified.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis.
1. Manual dexterity and sensory faculties to read and key handwritten and printed data for 4+ hours per day.
2. Ability to travel.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED