Sr. JIRA Administrator Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Your job is to understand the daily activities of our development teams and constantly think about ways to make them more efficient within the space of JIRA and Confluence. You will:
The ideal candidate
- Maintain and provide support for our JIRA and Confluence instances
- Create and maintain our JIRA projects, workflows, screens, fields, permissions, etc.
- Identify and help design integration points between JIRA, Confluence, and other systems at Guidewire
- Identify 3rd party plugins and keeping eyes open for ways they can help the organization
- Coordinate and perform upgrades of JIRA and Confluence
- Monitor, prioritize, and resolve questions and service requests from our users
- Provide training and documentation as needed
- Serve as the JIRA and Confluence technical resource for project teams wanting to make changes in JIRA or Confluence
- There are opportunities for growth in the JIRA/Confluence space, administration of other systems, project management, and other leadership roles.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business, Organizational, or related field. (In lieu of degree, 3 years relevant work experience).
- 3 to 5 years in the tech industry
- Strong spoken and written English language skills
- Solid communication skills, especially conveying complex information in an understandable manner
- Ability to write easy to understand user documentation
- JIRA experience
- Time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems, issues, or concerns before they occur or become critical
- Ability to establish and grow strong relationships with internal customers
- Able to work effectively both alone and in team/cooperative efforts
- Ability to maintain level of neutrality while providing feedback and guidance to new processes and procedures
- Ability to act and think strategically
- Basic SQL experience
- Experience with Windows and Mac/Linux as desktops
- Comfortable managing processes, files and packages in Linux/Unix
- Scrum, Kanban, or Agile experience preferred
- Confluence experience preferred
- Experience troubleshooting web browser experiences: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox preferred
- Experience with Linux and Windows as an administrator preferred
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services