Sr. Manager, SEO Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Manager, SEO
Search Engine Optimization | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Demand Media is looking for an ambitious, hands-on Director of SEO Engineering to join our team in Santa Monica, CA. This individual will lead technical SEO strategy across Demand Media's network of properties. We're looking for a self-starter who wants to be on the leading edge of developing technology and website optimization.
This Director of SEO Engineering will possess a forward-looking approach to the search industry and the future of SEO and be a key player in defining Demand Media's SEO strategies and best practices. He or she will demonstrate leadership qualities, a passion for search engine optimization, exceptional product management skills, and an advanced understanding of technical SEO tactics, search engine algorithms and ranking factors. This individual will also play a key role in expanding the Demand Media SEO team's technical capabilities through leading tech discussions and mentoring other team members.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is as diverse, adventurous and open-minded as the content we create for the world. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers.
Through a portfolio of vertical web properties reaching more than 100 million monthly visitors, a global network of digital partners, and a breakthrough content studio, Demand Media publishes what the world wants to know and share. Join the company that is shaping the future of media â€" how it's created, consumed and shared!
- Define and drive technical SEO strategy for Demand Media properties
- Establish credibility within teams as an SEO expert and an effective leader that knows where projects are today and where they need to go
- Identify innovative ways to grow organic search traffic by generating and implementing SEO enhancements that focus both on quick-wins and long-term success
- Actively mentor and grow the technical capabilities of the Demand Media SEO team
- Generate enhancement requests, product requirements, and wire frames that that clearly state core goals and provide clear explanations for desired functionality
- Contribute SEO expertise to other product managers' product plans including site redesigns, product enhancements, and new site features
- Whether the product lead or a contributor for an initiative, provide end-to-end SEO ownership from ideation through launch
- Optimize for traditional search engines as well as for real time search, mobile search, video search, image search, international search, YouTube, Facebook and more
- Troubleshoot and correct SEO problems
- Analyze data and report on SEO through regular status reports, as well as analysis of specific product changes, enhancements or initiatives
- 7+ years significant SEO and Project Management experience.
- 3+ years managerial experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, computer engineering, math, statistics or related field
- In-depth knowledge of technical SEO with expert understanding of crawling, indexation, redirects and accessibility.
- Experience with A/B split and multivariate testing
- Advanced understanding of the search engine industry, SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies. The ability to communicate these items to colleagues and management teams
- Experience optimizing sites for mobile users
- Exceptional leadership skills with a successful track record leading projects end-to-end
- Working knowledge of the product development stages and process, and the technologies being applied to implementation of products
- Exceptional communication, prioritization, and problem solving skills
- Must be a committed team player, able to work both independently and interact with management and other staff members
- Strong analytical background and experience using Google Analytics and Omniture
- Experience working on large scale websites including articles, blog posts, video, products, infographics, and other content types a plus
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED