Sr. Mobile Applications Developer - Client Development (Contractor) MobiTV
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
MobiTV is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join the mobile application development team. This team is responsible for developing and porting the MobiTV suite of mobile applications across various mobile platforms. Members of the mobile application development team are the first to work with new mobile devices before they hit market. In addition team members have the opportunity to work across multiple mobile platforms and stay current in various mobile handset technologies.
This individual will have the following job responsibilities:
An ideal candidate for this position will have many of these attributes:
- Develop and port feature rich mobile multimedia applications on a variety of handsets and mobile platforms such as Android, RIM, WinPhone7, BREW, J2ME.
- Build and maintain platform agnostic applications that showcase the MobiTV multimedia platform.
- Work closely with Product Management on feature definition.
- Work closely with Project Management on project schedules.
- Participate in bug scrubs and provide technical guidance to the test teams to build manual and automated test suites.
- Collaborate with OEMs to make their handsets compliant with the MobiTV suite of requirements.
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Hands on experience working with at least one of these mobile platforms â€" Android (preferred), RIM, WinPhone7, BREW, J2ME, Windows Mobile.
- Hands on experience working with scripting languages such as Lua, Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Experience in object oriented and independent design of applications or systems
- Experience in developing consumer facing mobile applications
- Experience working with multi-media applications
- Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP
- Solid user skills on UNIX/Linux
- Experience working with streaming audio and video
||Emeryville, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED