Sr. Product Manager, Developer Platform, Tools & App Development Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Have you ever paid the rent as a developer? Are you passionate about technology and like drilling into technical details? Are you also passionate about empowering developers through the alignment of strategy and shipping code?
If you answered yes, to all of these questions, then we have the role for you. We are looking for someone who understands what it takes to build developer-focused tools and web applications from the bottom up. We need people who can marry entrepreneurial zeal with thinking at global scale. That means doing everything from spreading the word to devising strategy to executing on that strategy.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Attend industry and developer events and speak credibly to developers and key influencers about Splunk's developer platform.
Direct customer meetings to help solve their problems and solicit feedback to be used in the product planning process
- Determine roadmap for the developer platform through:
Primary market research
- Influence how we think about engaging with the emerging Splunk ecosystem.
- Effectively interface with various stakeholders across the company including sales, marketing and business development
- Lead cross-functional teams to achieve objectives
- Ensure that dev platform is aligned on planning, code delivery, support, and related motions across the engineering team.
- Contribute to pricing and licensing strategy
- Interface with analysts and other industry thought leaders to spread the word about the developer platform and also obtain feedback
- Check-in code by delivering the occasional code sample to our source
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Work with technical writer on developer focused content and contribute draft content to get process going.
- Prior experience as a product manager focusing on developer.
- Experience building product roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability in leading by influence
- Having paid the rent as a developer is a good thingâ€¦
Education: Got it!
- Need to be able to do everything in the responsibilities area
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or other graduate degree desirable but not required
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED