Sr. Sales Engineer, Seattle Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As a Splunk Senior Sales Engineer, you'll be the primary technical sales resource for the Field Sales team. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and selection stages of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Splunk SEs must be able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as map a customer's business needs to Splunk technology. You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's staff.
Location: Candidate must be located in or near Seattle, WA.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Present Splunk value proposition to customers.
- Understands the customer's business challenges and where possible determine how to use the Splunk platform to solve these challenges.
- Match Splunk solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly and professionally to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 8+ years relevant experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- Experience and familiarity with a variety of IT management products and services
- Experience with networking, server, application and development technologies
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance is desirable
- Demonstrate strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education: Got it!
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or a related discipline highly desired.
||Candidate must be |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED