Sr. Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Service 24/7 Customer
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About the Position
As a Systems Engineer working on the 247 Inc. Infrastructure Systems team, your mission is to provide secure, available, scalable and operationally excellent infrastructure services.
You will build, monitor and manage critical infrastructure services on Linux/Solaris/ and windows servers. You will identify and deliver automation improvements in maintaining large fleet of servers and write scripts to implement innovative solutions. You will be working on highly visible projects that directly impact the availability and performance of services across the entire business.
The most successful candidates for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, strong coding skills, systems architecture and design, great communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale. We are particularly interested in system administrators and UNIX programmers familiar with aspects of running web services at scale. Participates in architecture reviews to ensure that proposed solutions comply with standards and use of approved technologies, and industry standard best practices. Experience with running cloud services in Amazon and private cloud. Deep networking knowledge and UNIX internals are also highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of Linux/Unix System Administration experience
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expertise at programming in a scripting language (Perl preferred)
- Experience in writing automation scripts
- Experience working in mission-critical, operations support environment
- Experience with virtualization and/or web based services
- Experience in TCP/IP and routing protocols
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with various source controls
- Experience with SSH key based authentication a plus
- Experience with disparate networks in multiple geographic locations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with load balancing, routing and HA a plus
- Ability to work with cross-functional resources from all levels of the organization as well as working with peers globally (international company); promote teamwork and inspire collaboration
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts quickly and apply that knowledge to develop solutions
||910 East Hamilton Avenue |
Campbell, CA 95008
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED