Sr. Web Developer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Web Developer
Web Development | Kirkland, WA, United States
We are currently looking for a Sr. Web developer (C#.NET and classic ASP) for the application development team.
- Develop and maintain high availability, high concurrency C# ASP.NET and PHP
- Maintain classic ASP web applications in VBScript.
- Assist in the architecture, design, and implementation of web-based applications and products.
- Work on improving robustness, redundancy, and performance of a variety of applications.
- Fix and troubleshoot bugs and add new features to our product lines.
- Participate in the design and development of new features and products.
- Coordinate work on multiple projects and integrate with different groups such as Creative, QA, and DB.
- Communicate status of projects/applications and give accurate data forecasts for projects and work items.
- Accurately estimate and adhere to the scope and schedule of assigned projects.
- Provide technical assistance to all team members while setting an example for junior and general developers.
- Take initiative in problem solving and demonstrate advanced problem awareness.
- Have a robust understanding of the entire system architecture and business requirements.
- Spectacular attention to detail, and great communication skills (both verbal and written) are a must.
- Must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and possess the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Be alert to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into current projects.
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked.
- Excellent knowledge of common web development technologies
- C# / ASP.NET (Version 2.0 to 4.0). (5+ years recommended)
- PHP (3+ years recommended)
- Classic and .NET debugging proficiency in Visual Studio
- Server Application Experience and IIS 7 proficiency
- Knowledge of performance optimization
- Experience writing high concurrency applications in .NET with thread safety in mind
- Experience developing multi-tier applications. (2+ years)
- 2+ years college or equivalent
- Ability to work on fast-paced, quickly changing projects
- Be able to work in a small group setting with minimal direction
- Sterling attention to detail and skill for ferreting out of potential unintended consequences of code changes
Nice to have skills:
- AJAX.NET, JSON, JQuery
- SQL database skills
- Web Services
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F.
- Understand basic memory allocation (in general and in .NET)
- TFS experience
- Familiar with latest encryption techniques
- Familiar with Web Deploy functionality
- Experience with the Registrar Industry
<< Back to Current Openings
||Kirkland, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED