Sr Web Developer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr Web Developer
Web Development | Kirkland, WA, United States
We are currently looking for a Web/SQL Developer for the application development team.
- Develop and maintain high availability, high concurrency C# .NET
- Develop and maintain the stored procedures that are executed from web and api code to access the databases
- Architect and enhance SQL Server database schemas to support new features and functionality or to improve performance.
- Develop, monitor, and troubleshoot SQL Server jobs and processes, including: backend, reporting, and data transfer processes.
- Write, modify, and tune T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, and views using best practices and established coding conventions.
- Investigate and resolve support issues relating to a specific product.
- Utilize version control, issue tracking, and project time accounting systems.
- Own assigned database processes, serving as the point of contact for questions, issues, or enhancements; and write or maintain process documentation.
- Assist in the architecture, design, and implementation of web-based applications and products.
- Work on improving robustness, redundancy, and performance of a variety of applications.
- Fix and troubleshoot bugs and add new features to our product lines.
- Communicate status of projects/applications and give accurate data forecasts for projects and work items.
- Accurately estimate and adhere to the scope and schedule of assigned projects.
- Take initiative in problem solving and demonstrate advanced problem awareness.
- Have a robust understanding of the entire system architecture and business requirements.
- Spectacular attention to detail, and great communication skills (both verbal and written) are a must.
- Must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and possess the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Be alert to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into current projects.
Nice to have skills:
- Excellent knowledge of common web application development technologies
- C# / ASP.NET (Version 2.0 to 4.0). (5+ years recommended)
- Minimum 3 years SQL Server development experience, able to understand and utilize SQL Server 2008 code constructs. Microsoft certification a plus
- Detail oriented, talented T-SQL developer, capable of turning requirements into production ready code
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts and database architecture and design
- Highly motivated, with the desire to exceed expectations by producing high quality work at every opportunity
- Effective communicator â€" able to work with DBA's, managers, web developers, QA testers, customer service, and third parties
- Flexible â€" capable of juggling multiple priorities and willing to do what it takes to meet a critical deadline
- Quick learner, with experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle, and able to work independently or on a team
- Previous experience must include eCommerce and highly available OLTP environments
- Experience with the following is a plus: XML, SSIS, CLR, TFS
- .NET debugging proficiency in Visual Studio
- Server Application Experience and IIS 7 proficiency
- Knowledge of performance optimization
- Experience writing high concurrency applications in .NET with thread safety in mind
- Experience developing multi-tier applications. (2+ years)
- 2+ years college or equivalent
- Ability to work on fast-paced, quickly changing projects in a small group setting with minimal direction
- Sterling attention to detail and skill for ferreting out of potential unintended consequences of code changes
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F.
- Understand basic memory allocation (in general and in .NET)
- TFS experience
- Familiar with latest encryption techniques
- Familiar with Web Deploy functionality
- Experience with the Registrar Industry
<< Back to Current Openings
||Kirkland, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED