Sr. Windows Software Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
We are looking for a Senior Windows Software Engineer. The Splunk IT search engine currently runs in 7 major platforms, with the Microsoft Windows Platforms taking over 60% of the download numbers. The engineer will be responsible for designing, development and maintaining of Splunk IT Search Engine in Windows. He or she should have the ability and willingness to proactively interact with the team. Flexibility and adaptability are key, as tasks may vary greatly from project to project.
We love our employees and ensure that we have the resources and tools to rock while supporting the culture and fast growth of this epic company. We are passionate about our product and work hard to ensure the quality of it. We are looking for someone who is as well.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Develop and maintain existing user-level (and some kernel-level) library and daemon code
- Work with the test team and support team to understand, troubleshoot, and solve software defects and performance issues in said code and in the software it interacts with
- Support developing Windows solutions of Splunk core features, porting new or existing code to Windows.
- Participate in design and architecture review of Splunk features, making sure new features that are being built by other teams fulfill Windows engineering requirements.
Additional Requirements Desired
- 5+ years in Windows development, with 2+ years in System Level programming
- Strong C/C++ programming expertise
- Windows Networking and Security Concepts
- Knowledge of and experience with object-oriented design. Scripting languages (Python, Power-Shell)
- Test Centric development methodology
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and go deep into new areas
- Visual Studio dev environment
Education: Got it!
- Experience with Kernel level programming (Drivers)
- Development with Windows Event Log, Windows Active Directory, WMI, Performance Counters APIs
Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science or related discipline.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more.
Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED