Supply Chain Product Manager Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
This position requires an individual with proven product manufacturing experience for our existing supply chain model in support of Palo Alto Networks key revenue goals and business objectives.
In this role, the Supply Chain Product Manager will manage supply chain operations for specified products, including management of Global Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) partners and key suppliers. Will participate in or lead initiatives that ensure continuity of supply, reduce product risk, increases productivity, maintains product at company quality standards and ensure supply chain flexibility and efficiency.
This position will work closely with Product Management, Technical Operations, Order Fulfillment, New Product Introduction and Supply Base Management.
Required Supply Chain knowledge/experience:
- Product management. Resolve issues that arise during the product lifecycle, i.e., compliancy, quality, end of life components. Manage product end of life process balancing continuity of supply and low scrap costs.
- Product availability. Manage product metrics that minimizes stock outs and allows upside through supply chain flexibility and risk assessment and mitigation.
- Product cost. Mitigate additional costs, purchase price variances, aged and excess inventory. Participate or lead cost mitigation initiatives such as qualifying component alternates and manufacturing process improvements.
- Inventory management. Resolve material shortages through strategic supply chain planning. Manage on hand inventory meeting a corporate inventory turns target. Mitigate excess and obsolete inventory.
- Production planning. Assist to establish strategic & tactical build plans to meet the business & revenue goals of the company. Assist to execute a production plan based on a forecast, materials availability, production capacity; resolving issues that impact the plan and backlog commitments.
- EMS performance. Provide input to quarterly performance survey identify accomplishments and areas to improve. Participate or lead initiatives to improve manufacturer's service level and capabilities that align with company demands.
- Reporting. Provide required corporate data, performance to metrics, materials availability, and status of build plans, inventory liabilities and manufacturing operations data.
- NPI. Participate in the activities to transfer products from pilot to production phase. Influence product development applying design for supply chain and manufacturing principals to ensure best product cost.
- Document Control. Participate in the implementation of change orders, change order impact analysis, effective dates.
- Bills of Materials and Documentation Control
- Commodity/Supply Base Management
- Demand Planning
- Supply Chain Management
- Cost Management
- Data Analysis
- Partner and Supplier Relationships
- Typically requires BA/BS or equivalent experience plus 6+ years supply chain/program management experience.
- APICS/NAPM Certification a plus.
- Must have experience working in manufacturing or directly with outsourced manufacturing service providers.
- Business process and/or application configuration knowledge with supply chain and costing models.
- Project/Program Management experience â€" able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully work with multiple functions of an organization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment a must.
- Very proficient in office applications, database, document control systems.
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED