SVP, Engineering & Operations Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
SVP, Engineering & Operations
Engineering | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: 803
Working at Brightcove provides the opportunity to think beyond bounds. Widely recognized as a leading global provider of cloud content services, we provide a family of products used to publish and distribute the world's professional digital media. The company's products include Brightcove Video Cloud, the market-leading online video platform, Brightcove App Cloud, a pioneering HTML5 app platform, and Zencoder, the leading cloud video transcoding service. With more than 6,100 customers in over 60 countries around the world, each member of our team has the chance to think about solving complex and important challenges every day that literally have the potential to impact people's lives. Can you make a difference?
The Opportunity: SVP of Engineering & Operations
We are seeking a well-rounded strategic thinker-- a Senior Engineering leader that will drive all aspects of the company's technology operations including development, infrastructure, and production operations for Brightcove's multi-tenant SaaS & PaaS offerings with the primary focus of ensuring technical operational success. Reporting to the President & COO, this position is a highly visible member of the company's Global Executive Leadership team.
The opportunity includes leading multiple products and helping the company transition from product leadership with a single product, to new organically developed products as well as M&A strategy and integration. Building a world class engineering and operations teams in three key geographies: Boston, Seattle and San Francisco. Leading SaaS and PaaS service operations at a scale approaching the top B2C companies in the industry: Video Player loads over 100M per day, Video Ingests over 30 hours every 60 seconds, approaching 200M uniques per month, real-time analytics on over 20K events per second.
What you'll do
- 10+ years of leading software development teams and service operations to deliver high-quality products within high growth, 24x7 SaaS/PaaS operations for mission critical services.
- Minimum of BS degree in math, computer science, engineering, or related field
- Experience and proven success with Agile development and management practices to enable a highly productive and responsive team.
- Track record of building accountable, high-performing, scalable software development teams delivering industry leading performance
- Proficiency and solid working knowledge of Cloud Computing.
- Passion to drive engineering enhancements to improve customer results.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, build and motivate geographically distributed teams.
- Demonstrated success in implementing mission critical systems on schedule, on budget and within scope.
- Demonstrated success in building, managing, and operating SaaS systems globally and at very high scale.
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience, including supporting business development and key customer engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a service 24x7x365 while consistently delivering high availability and performance characteristics
For more information, visit http://www.brightcove.com.
- Play a key role in maintaining industry's recognition of Brightcove as a world-class provider of Cloud Content Services.
- Strategic planning and alignment including participating in defining and executing on long term product vision
- Risk management including comprehensive security planning, compliance, recovery and continuity.
- Ensure engineering productivity as measured by value to the business and demonstrate profitability, efficiency and ongoing improvement.
- Develop and manage the technology & engineering budgets, evaluating investment strategies and cost-effective solutions in line with company goals
- Build strong collaboration with other Engineering and non-Engineering teams and enable Brightcove to deliver comprehensive solutions to customers.
- Mentor and lead team members to achieve strong personal growth and career objectives, mentor other local and remote engineering managers to effectively lead smaller teams.
- Understand business vision and goals, and translate into appropriate technical and organizational goals for engineering.
- Ensure strong focus on top-notch user experience and a solid architecture to ensure product success and longevity.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services