System Administration Field Support Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
The Systems Administration Sales Support Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of cloud/VM based demo/classroom systems, and their supporting infrastructure. This individual has excellent working knowledge of both Linux and Windows server operating systems. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and partners.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support demo/classroom infrastructure; Linux, Windows and application systems that support Splunk demo infrastructure; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Install new / rebuild existing servers, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports Splunk demo/classroom applications per project or operational needs.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain connection internal Splunk servers
- Provide phone/IM support to field staff when using demos
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
- Four to six years system administration experience
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED