System Engineer Digital Signal
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description :
Digital Signal Corporation is seeking a System Engineer to work at our Chantilly, VA office.
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) is the technology startup opportunity you?ve been looking for. With the global landscape constantly evolving, our company stands out as an innovator in the facial recognition arena. We can do what no other company does?.combine precision 3d image processing with biometrics. Our technology works on the move?.uninhibited by minor obstacles such as aviator shades and baseball caps. Together, we can invent, design, and supply solutions to the commercial industry.
The System Engineer (SE) will become a product expert, interact directly with the customer and communicate with DSC staff in order to make system deployments successful. The SE will complete the installation of the company?s systems into client sites and will be responsible for start-up, check-out and troubleshooting required to put the systems into operation. This includes presentation to customers on operations and maintenance training of DSC products and solutions. The SE will assist with site preparation requirements, prepare install locations and will install, support and maintain DSC systems in the field. The SE is also responsible for providing feedback, lessons learned, and design modification recommendations to headquarter-based Product Management, Engineering and Manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dedicated travel is required for this position.
- Become system expert on all DSC products and software tools
- Installation of equipment into customer sites
- In-field troubleshooting/root cause analysis
- Provide total system preventive and corrective maintenance coverage to the end users
- Provide technical support independently in most situations
- Isolate system computer/network issues, repair and restore computer hardware and servers
- Load software and validate system operations
- Accurately document all tasks and troubleshooting activities as they are performed
- Present (written and verbal) technical findings and justification for recommended hardware/software changes to assist Engineering with the following:
o Testing, troubleshooting and system optimization
o Assist in developing technical documentation for the operation and control of systems
o Process controls and controller software functional requirement development
SKills & Qualifications:
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related subject and minimum of 5 years related field engineering support experience. Experience can be substituted for the Technical Degree.
- Computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Windows Server environment
- Fluency with, and the ability to troubleshoot, various operator interface devices and programming, networks and communication platforms
- Experience working in a fast paced, constantly expanding and changing environment
- Must be willing to work extra hours as needed to meet business goals.
- This position requires the individual to carry a company provided cell phone/?pager and be on call 24 hours a day
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- This position requires an individual who is flexible and capable of dealing with sudden changes
(i.?e.? flight delays, clients schedule etc.?).?
- Good organization, multi-tasking, communication, time management and documentation skills
- 3-5 years related system engineering experience with electro-optic, camera or biometric systems
- Experience with use of tools, power equipment and test instruments (ie. volt meters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, electrical schematics, fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Background in the US Military
||Chantilly, VA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED