Tax Analyst Avalara
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description:
Join the revolution! Avalara Inc., one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, is seeking a Tax Analyst specialized in Streamlined Sales Tax.
Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine and other national publications, Avalara is the leader in web-based sales and use tax automation services and has experienced explosive growth since its inception in 2004. Based on Bainbridge Island, WA, and with offices across the U.S. and overseas, Avalara offers exciting opportunities in numerous fields.
Avalara is a certified service provider (CSP) for the Streamlined Sales Tax (SST) initiative. We are currently looking for a Tax Analyst to join our fast-paced, dynamic company. This is a special opportunity for an experienced tax professional to work in an innovative environment with a global tax solution provider.
As the Tax Analyst, this position will assist the SST Senior Manager in creating a seamless SST process from customer on boarding through Streamlined Sales Tax Simplified Electronic Returns (SER) filing cycle to customer cancellation. As the Tax Analyst, this position tracks and problem solves activity surrounding the monthly SER filing cycle. Avalara remits SERs for its SST customers. This position will also be responsible for researching rejected SERs and processing resubmitted and amended SERs. This position needs to know the SST processes well enough to be able to step in and complete a task or process if need be. This position will work with Product Management and Development to enhance the SST Processes internally as well as for our customers. Lastly this position needs to be ready and willing to engage in changes as the SST Project expands and develops.
? Organize and administrate Transactional Audits between the States and the Customers.
? Confirm transmission of SERs to the 24 SST states using the transmission formats specified by the states by the required time and date.
? Work with States to resolve rejected SERs in a timely fashion.
? Retransmit rejected SERs.
? Create and transmit amended SERs.
? Research and correct SER problems.
? Once SST interfaces are built, then additional duties will be added.
? Works cooperatively with all staff members and management.
? Maintains a consistent and regular attendance of set work schedule. Is consistently dependable, efficient, and accurate in performance of work tasks.
? Performs other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Experience and Skills:
1. Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
2. Strong understanding of general accounting best practices and ability to clearly convey these best practices to an audience of various knowledge levels.
3. A minimum of 2 years experience reconciling vast amounts of data.
4. Ability to pay close attention to detail and find the proverbial needle in a haystack
5. Self-driven and motivated.
6. The ability to research and think out of the box.
7. Experience preparing sales tax returns strongly preferred.
8. Strong customer service skills and mindset.
9. Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously; be flexible with new assignments; meet deadlines; redirect priorities in a high volume environment.
10. Solid analytical skills.
1. Prior Streamlined Sales Tax experience
2. Prior experience working with a 3rd party sales tax calculation provider.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by Federal, state or local law.
Job Level: Any
Number of Openings:
Years of Experience: Any
Level of Education: Any
||Falls Church, VA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED