Teacher Turned Startup Operations/Marketing Specialist NoRedInk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED We're looking for a former teacher who's smart, organized, energetic, and highly productive -- and who wants to play a key role in empowering millions of students to become stronger writers. This person will wear multiple hats, gaining experience in sales, marketing, operations, customer support, and even product development at a small ed-tech startup. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Emailing customers in our pipeline, scheduling upcoming appointments, making sales calls to customers who've requested to buy our premium service, closing deals, and tracking trends to improve our sales strategy
- Answering customer service emails, crafting responses to common issues, documenting and relaying problems to our management/technical team, and working on ways to cut down on support requests
- Writing occasional copy for the site (our newsletter, FAQ, help page, testimonials page, etc.)
- Performing quality control on sentences and formulas that users have flagged
- Helping with various types of "growth hacking" to help the company reach important milestones
- You have at least 2 years of teaching experience. Ideally, you've taught middle or high school English.
- You're a natural conversationalist, can engage principals and teachers over the phone, and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You're incredibly organized, and you're great at creating organizational systems to manage complex tasks.
- You're tech savvy, and you're a Mac lover.
- You're hungry to make a difference in education, and you bring passion, an awesome work ethic, and an entrepreneurial mindset to all your endeavors. You want to work at a small startup with a dedicated and talented team
- You're a language stickler. You want to help students improve their grammar/writing skills.
- You're based in the San Francisco Bay Area
NoRedInk.com is an adaptive learning tool that helps students improve their grammar/writing skills. Our engine generates personalized curriculum from students' interests and adapts to their abilities with instant feedback, tutorials, and color-coded heat maps. With no marketing, we're in 5% of U.S. schools. We won NBC's $75,000 Innovation Challenge in September and have been featured on the TODAY show, Mashable, TechCrunch, MSN.com, US News & World Report, and Hack Education. We're well funded, backed by ImagineK12, and led by an English teacher who, after grading 15,000 papers, decided to leverage technology to eliminate "red ink."
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
NoRedInk is transforming education through adaptive learning and personalization. We're one of America's fastest growing startups, and every 0.25 seconds, a student solves a question on our site. We solve complex and fascinating data problems while striving to eliminate the "red ink" on students' papers and empower tens of millions of students around the globe.
< 5M RaisedInvestors: Hyde Park Venture Partners
, Learn Capital
, Mayfield Fund
, NewSchools Venture Fund
, Social+Capital Partnership All Jobs: at NoRedInk
|Headquarters:||120 Hawthorne Ave|
Palo Alto, CA 94301
|Company Profile:||NoRedInk.comis an adaptive learning tool that helps students improve their grammar/writing skills. Our enginegenerates personalized curriculumfrom students' interests and adapts to their abilities with instant feedback, tutorials, and color-coded heat maps. With no marketing, we're in 5 of U.S. schools. We wonNBC's 75,000Innovation Challengein September and have been featured on theTODAY show,Mashable, TechCrunch,MSN.com,US News & World Report, andHack Education. We'rewell funded, backed byImagineK12, and led by an English teacher who, after grading 15,000 papers, decided to leverage technology to eliminate "red ink."|
Support NoRedInk with Social Media services