Technical Demonstrations Consultant (China) Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Demonstration Solutions team is responsible for delivering creative, solution-focused demonstration implementations to the Sales organization for presentation to prospects.
We are currently expanding our international team to dedicate more time and effort to support our sales efforts in specific regions.
The position involves working directly with members of the Sales team to configure complex solution demonstrations, assisting in localizing product to target market and participating in technical prospect discussions when necessary. This international support position will be responsible for owning region specific content and will serve as a feedback loop to the team located at company headquarters.
Although this is not a customer facing role it may include direct participation in sales opportunities and proofs-of-concept: designing, developing, and configuring creative and innovative solutions to prospects' requirements.
The candidate filling this position will be based out of the Guidewire China office reporting to management located in US Headquarters.
Fluency in Chinese and English (written and spoken) is required.
In addition we are looking for teammates who:
This position requires the ability to travel and often that travel will be International. The estimated travel is 30%, including trips to our headquarters in the United States.
- demonstrated ability to understand business process needs, rationalize those needs into technical solutions and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software
- quickly, easily, and enthusiastically learn how to use new technology
- are self-driven with a high level of creativity
- capable of handling a wide variety of tasks - product configuration one minute, database management the next, articulating business solutions the nextâ€¦
- have strong oral and written communication skills (in Chinese and English)
- are highly technical with experience in following areas:
- Java language fundamentals (interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, threading)
- Core J2EE technology (Application servers, JSP, Servlets)
- Web presentation and control layer technology (JSF, Struts, AJAX)
- Databases (SQL, transactions, isolation levels, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Data persistence strategies (ORM, Hibernate, EJB 3.0)
- Distributed computing infrastructure (caching, coherence, network topology)
- Security fundamentals (authentication, authorization, LDAP, JAAS)
- Computational complexity (orders-of-growth, basic algorithms)
- Operating systems (Windows, Linux, AIX)
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion, CVS, Perforce, Ant, CruiseControl)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, JMeter)
- Integration mechanisms (messaging, synchronous, asynchronous, RMI, JMS, MQ, SOAP)
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services