Technical Designer Vermont Teddy Bear Company
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED DescriptionSummary
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is in search of a Technical Designer. This position will be responsible for developing high quality, cost effective garments while maintaining brand integrity. The qualified person will provide technical expertise in the development of new styles, develop comprehensive garment specifications including fabric and finishing details, component and trim details, construction and make details, graded measurement specifications, and garment sketches. As well as, ensure garments meet company?s standards for quality, fit, brand integrity and fashion innovation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Creates technical design specification packages (including but not limited to technical sketches, design details, garment construction, and measurement specifications) for assigned styles. Updates technical design specifications packages as styles evolve. Interprets and applies knowledge of design, fabrics, and trims when developing new styles.
2. Conducts fit sessions and evaluates samples for fit. Ensures garments meet size and quality specifications. Ensures size and fit consistency among similar styles.
3. Measures samples and reviews samples against technical design specification packages to ensure all specifications and design details are met. Communicates corrections to Vendors via written comments and illustrations (digital pictures, sketches, etc). Responds to any technical questions from Vendors.
4. Communicates daily with internal Product Development team members and external Vendors regarding the execution of samples throughout the product development process.
5. Creates patterns for garments, as needed.
6. Sews simple garments, as needed.
7. Documents and tracks approval status of styles.
8. Researches market for trends in fit, construction and quality.
9. Organizes workload to meet or exceeds deadlines.
10. Other duties as assigned.
11. Follows all ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by VTB and the department.
12. Responsible for Turn-The-Walls participation as required during Peaks.
13. Adheres to VTB's inventory control procedures.
14. Adheres to departmental Action Plans on a year-round basis.
15. Responsible for writing Peer Reviews and Management Assessments as requested.
1. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word and Excel.
2. Proficiency in Patternmaking and Specifications Packages software such as Lectra (Modaris and Gallery) or Gerber (AccuMark and webPDM).
3. Proficiency in drawing programs such as Kaledo, Designer or Illustrator.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of garment fit and balance, garment construction, fabric characteristics, and fabric performance.
5. Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment.
6. Excellent organizational skills.
Education / Experience
4-year college degree in Apparel Technical Design or 2 year Associate degree in Apparel Technical Design with patternmaking and sewing skills or 5+ years work experience in garment manufacturing, product development and specification development.
||6655 Shelburne Road |
Shelburne, VT 05482
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED