Technical PreSales Engineer - Atlanta MuleSoft
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Technical PreSales Engineer
The Technical PreSales Engineer at MuleSoft actively drives and manages the technology evaluation stage of the sales process and is an integral member of the Sales team, working as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products. In order to be successful in this role, the Technical PreSales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and communicate the value of our products to business and technical prospective users and buyers. The Technical PreSales Engineer also helps shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs to the Product Management team.
We are looking for a top performer who can establish & maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, and who exudes a passion for understanding the needs of the customer and articulating the value of MuleSoft's products and solutions in meeting those needs.
- Support the sales team by taking a consultative role in supporting customers' evaluation processes, including making architectural recommendations, troubleshooting development/configuration issues, and managing escalation to Support and Engineering
- Articulate and educate on technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, IT operations professionals, and senior IT management
- Sell the value of MuleSoft products using multiple formats/channels, including phone, presentation, and live/online product demonstrations
- Create and deliver custom product demonstrations to support the sales cycle
- Perform technical discovery with customer prospects and quickly architect/build proposed solutions using MuleSoft products
- Successfully manage and execute technical proof of concepts (POCs), on-site or remote
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Collect feedback from the field, synthesize, analyze and channel to Product Management and Engineering for product roadmap
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Support Marketing with developer marketing and evangelism activities, including writing blogs, participating in demo-driven webinars, and speaking at industry events
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience in Java development and Enterprise software
- Integration product experience is preferred (but not required). Other integration vendors include IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, etc.
- Experience with XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services (WS-*) and other SOA/Integration technologies
- Experience responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Ability to code and debug against Java APIs (past experience as a Java Developer preferred)
- Understanding of high-performance database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and or CRM
- Experience using the Spring, Maven and related frameworks and technology is beneficial
- Have a deep understanding of enterprise technologies and business context
- Able to travel throughout sales territory
This is a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment -- we are looking for smart, high energy candidates who are looking to make a big impact, and who want to work alongside a great team to do so. We work closely together and put in startup hours, so you must be team player! The perfect candidate will thrive on the prospect of taking on huge challenges and will â€œmove the needleâ€ at MuleSoft by driving programs through feats of flawless execution.
- Benefits package includes health care, dental, vision; life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, sick leave, and 401k.
MuleSoft is solving the largest and most important problem in IT: integration. Companies spend $500 billion dollars every year writing custom integration code to make systems work together - a problem that's only increasing with the cloud. We built the world's most widely used integration platform, which connects applications, databases and organizations as easily as Facebook connects people. Our technology is a key enabler of today's most important movements: cloud, social, mobile and the enterprise.
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded, early stage company on a mission to fix integration. We have big name customers like BMW, Wal-Mart, Nokia and over 3,000 companies and 100,000 developers use our products.Our goal is to build a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and admire each other. Are you looking for a fast-paced environment with a huge market opportunity and unlimited growth potential? If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams, and have the track record to prove it, we want to meet you!
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
, Lightspeed Venture Partners
, Sapphire Ventures All Jobs: at MuleSoft
|Headquarters:||30 Maiden Lane|
San Francisco, CA 94108
|Company Profile:||MuleSoft is an explosive growth, well-funded software startup. Our award-winning products have been downloaded over 1.5 million times, and more than 2,500 organizations are using them in production, including big-dog companies like Walmart.com, Nestle, Honeywell, DHL, as well as 5 of the world's top 10 banks. In 2009 we grew revenues 152 and quadrupled our product offering.
We are laser-focused on making life easier for developers and IT. Our products are built on Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, open source projects that are being downloaded and used by millions of people worldwide. Today's developers are looking for simplicity and freedom from the bloated legacy Java "stacks" that were built over a decade ago. They need middleware that embraces today's web-centric approaches, including dynamic languages, mobile, and the cloud. This new lightweight approach is fundamentally changing the industry, and we are leading that movement -- we call it Web Middleware.
At MuleSoft, our singular mission is to build a great company with a brilliant team of colleagues. If you think you can make a huge difference and are ready to show us, we want to meet you.|
Support MuleSoft with Social Media services