Technical Solutions Engineer LightEdge Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED This position is accountable for developing knowledge of Lightedge Solutions products, procedures, and technologies. A successful candidate will be one that is energetic, enthusiastic in dealing with customers and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will report to the Director of Sales and dotted line into the VP of Engineering and work closely with the sales team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in conference calls and meetings with Customers and the Managed Services
- Solutions Specialist team (MS sales reps)
- Design custom managed service and managed hosting solutions for customer
- applications (working with the MS Engineering team as needed)
- Prepare and revise Managed Services proposals including pricing and Statements of
- Work (SOW)
- Research product and technology solutions to solve customer problems
- Assist the Account Executives with presenting proposals to customers via Webex and
- in person
- Follow up with customers to help the Sales team close opportunities
- Oversee and conduct product demonstrations
- Develop solutions utilizing Lightedge Solutions core products
- Perform pre-sales problem analysis/resolution for Lightedge Solutions products
- Provide consultation and support through written (e-mail & web response) and verbal (telephone) correspondence.
- Develop proof-of-concept demos for pre-sales customers and partners
- Oversee and research market opportunities in the market in relation to Lightedge Solutions products
- Maintain technical documentation as well as a knowledge base to be used by tech support personnel
- Other projects, tasks, and duties as assigned by management
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred: 3+ years experience in pre-sales engineering supporting managed services
- 5+ years experience in the design, deployment or operation of IT systems and/or
- communications networks.
- Minimum 2-4 years functional experience working in a Windows-based server environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems preferred or equivalent experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to collaborate
- with engineers and project managers and produce written documents for both technical
and management-level audiences. Good customer presentation skills are essential.
- Ability to comfortably work under time constraints, multi-task between customer facing
- meetings, generate proposals with delivery deadlines, and conduct timely
- Travel is required, 50.
- Experience with large scale storage systems (EMC, IBM, Network Appliance, HDS)
- Experience with designing n-tier architectures
- Experience with VMWare, Xen and HyperV
- Knowledge of Citrix or Windows Terminal Server installation, configuration, and administration
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills (ability to treat others with respect and empathy)
- Basic knowledge of programming (i.e., Visual Basic, C++, .NET, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Business consultation sense (ability to tell the customer what they need, not just answer their questions)
- Knowledge or experience with Linux operating system highly desired
- Knowledge of Server Based Computing preferred.
||666 Walnut Street |
Des Moines, IA 50309
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED