Technical Support Engineer - EMEA with European language Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is seeking a Technical Support Engineer with proficiency in any European language to provide enterprise level support to our customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot and resolve customer problems, interface with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing market place of solutions, and more.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Provide technical support for enterprise customers
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk product
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Experience with the following systems is a must: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Windows, and Mac OS X
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- The ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Solid knowledge of networking concepts
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- 2 to 3 years' experience in a Technical Support role
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is the fastest growing and most pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of one of the most innovative, disruptive and successful companies in the software industry.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Competitive salary with healthcare benefit, life insurance and stock options.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED