Technical Writer (Contract) Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Technical Writer (Contract)
IT | Kirkland, WA, United States
We are looking for a contract Technical Writer that will be responsible for documenting the code base and functions after they are developed to provide technical/design specifications.
This person will have strong technical and writing experience, experience in developing methodologies and supporting processes, as well the ability to understand technical concepts and terminologies and express them in a clear concise manner.
This position is a rare chance to participate in a major shift in the structure of Internet that will affect millions around the world. This is a great opportunity for someone that likes to work on new, cutting edge and mission critical projects with highly visible results. The Internet namespace will be expanding and only the best of breed can participate.
- Technical Documentation
- Compile all documentation for business requirements by working with the engineering and development team to capture, document and manage the current processes.
- Write and edit existing material for the production of manuals, instructions, reference documents and other publications. For both print and online.
- Ability to present that information in an easy to understand format using text, graphics, diagrams, and charts
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F.
- 2â€3 years' experience as a Technical Writer or relevant experience preferred
- Solid technical understanding
- Solid understanding of domain name industry, specifically registry / registrar interaction is a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of IT issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly, specifically complex technical information.
- Ability to analyze target audience and to present ideas in userâ€friendly language.
- Proven analytical and problemâ€solving abilities.
- Writing style must be flexible enough to handle detailed and rigorous documentation for engineering consumption but also skilled in writing with some casual flair suitable for marketing materials or the general public. Guidance will be given when either is appropriate.
- Skills creating graphics using Office and other illustration tools for technical and network diagrams, process flow and decision trees are highly desirable.
<< Back to Current Openings
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED