Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
The Test Lab Manager will work, in a very hands on environment, toward the development of the next generations of batteries for electric vehicles. The main duties for this position will be management of the team of technicians, maintenance and smooth operation of the lab, and to handle the flow of requests for support that come to the lab from the engineering community. This is a â€œplayer/coachâ€ role and requires an appetite for hands on work.
- Ensure the uninterrupted availability of resources (trained technicians, equipment, parts, materials) for the investigation and repair of battery prototypes.
- Ensure the team's ability to respond quickly to demands for investigation and repair of battery prototypes
- Manage the team of battery engineering technicians:
o Set expectations for quality work (ownership, craftsmanship)
o Prioritize assignments, negotiate conflicting demands on the team
o Provide training to the technicians such that the team can work across multiple programs and disciplines
- Create and maintain a first-class R&D lab to support the development of EV batteries
o Maintain the lab as a flexible work space that can be readily configured to accommodate new programs and users
o Ensure the safe operation of all tools and equipment
o Ensure the availability of parts and materials
- Manage the requests for support from the Battery Engineering community. These requests may include:
o Design and set up of test fixtures
o Running experiments and collecting data
o Building special equipment such as test boxes
o Building prototype parts and assemblies, such as cables, wiring harnesses, battery assemblies
- 10+ years experience as an electromechanical technician
- Engineering degree preferred
- Management experience, organizing personnel and facilities
- Experience with elaborate and precise test equipment
- Meticulous data recording skills
- Understanding the design and control of experiments
- comfortable with computer based data acquisition
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong electrical aptitude
- Strong shop skills
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|