Video Encoding Engineer Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Video Encoding Engineer
Zencoder | San Francisco, CA, United States
Req ID: 5109
Zencoder offers awesome, API-driven video tools in the cloud. Our users range from small startups to major broadcasters. Customers love us, and we're growing quickly. Come be a part of the future of web video.
We're looking for a Dev Ops Engineer to work on our cloud-based transcoding software. This is a developer role, not a sysadmin role, but we are looking for a developer with specific experience with operations. Zencoder consists of hundreds of servers running our API, queuing, transcoding, monitoring, and more. You will help work on our internal queuing and clustering software, and will build systems around monitoring, logging, deployment, and fault-tolerance.
What you'll do:
- You are an engineer, not a sysadmin. You have experience building large applications in multiple languages. (We mostly use Ruby and C, with a little Java and Go, but we believe that great engineers can pick up new languages quickly.)
- You have experience developing and deploying software at high scale.
- You understand the basics: Linux, security, Amazon EC2, HTTP, and web service architecture.
- You're familiar with message queues, relational databases, and other data stores. You know the tradeoffs between Riak, Redis, Zookeeper, and Postgresql.
- You understand the principles of software craftsmanship. You write clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems. You unit test everything.
- Work on Zencoder's dev ops team. Improve and expand our existing deployments and infrastructure.
- Write the software that manages job queuing, assignment, auto-scaling, and notifications.
- Design and build monitoring systems, metrics, internal dashboards, and other tools that keep Zencoder fast, scalable, and reliable.
What we look for in employees:
- Catered lunches every day.
- Aeron chair and a Mac setup of your choice.
- Relocation help to the Bay Area.
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough.
- Excitement about Zencoder and what we're building.
- Positive attitude and desire to work with great people.
How to apply:
- Send us a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Include your resume, plus links to your blog, Twitter account, projects you've worked on, talks you given, etc.
- Show us what you can do. Tell us how you would design an auto-scaling algorithm for an asynchronous task queue (like transcoding) with a variable queue size, in a way that minimizes queue times and resource consumption.
<< Back to Current Openings
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services