VP of Product Operations Plateau Systems
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description:
Reporting to the EVP, Global Operations, the VP, Product Operations will be a critical member of the senior management team and will be primarily responsible for overseeing all aspects of the deployment and data center operations for Plateaus Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution. This highly visible position requires an individual who is both a strong hands-on leader with experience running SaaS based IT operations as well as enterprise class business applications for large customers, and a strategic thinker capable of providing new and innovative solutions for scaling the critical functions of the operations team. He or she shall have the ability to make sound decisions in all aspects of operations including Hardware and Network infrastructure, end-to-end server operations (hardware and software), automation, staffing and P&L management.
Job Duties include:
- Accountability for all infrastructure operations for enterprise business and SaaS-based vendor with over 90 customers with significant year over year growth
o Build, operate, and manage a 24-7 application deployment infrastructure with the ability to provision new customers at rapid speeds and perform over night upgrades of software releases and patches within the SaaS deployment model.
o Oversight and accountability for all operational aspects including IT Data Center, System Infrastructure, Network Bandwidth, Caching services, Backup services, Hardware provisioning and Process management.
o Report periodic operational and financial metrics to senior management with respect to meeting goals, SLAs, and issue resolutions.
o Collaborate with sales and finance to develop service templates which unambiguously define the pricing options and SLAs to be delivered.
o Collaborate with sales, finance, product development and professional services teams on all aspects of current and future performance related to new sales, contracts, implementation services, and product development to insure they are in sync with the capabilities and preparedness of the operations group.
o Provide department management including leadership, planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, and training and development of department and staff.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Services teams for RFP and POC support activities.
- Establish efficient and cost effective processes for hardware and software provisioning, Backup and restore, DB provisioning and application upgrades
- Manage and expand customer trouble ticketing system
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems desired 8 - 15 years experience managing Enterprise / SaaS infrastructure for a business applications provider
- 10 years of IT operational experience supporting a 24X7 production environment
- 10 years experience with Linux/Unix systems administration and Oracle database
- Prior experience evaluating, procuring building and managing a Co-Lo data center
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience, including demonstrated senior management responsibilities and demonstrated operational management responsibilities in high growth environments.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor an Operations team with the objective of providing a high level of customer service and adherence to contractual Service Level Agreements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and creativity when applied to resolution of operational issues.
- Quick learner with a high degree of common sense and resourcefulness, ability to motivate staff, and to seamlessly provide prioritization of multiple tasks urgent and ongoing tasks
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments within the company
- Ability to interact confidently with senior management of the Companys customer base and vendor partners
- Strong business orientation with a thoughtful approach to problem solving that balances customer service goals and profitability goals
- Energetic, decisive, confident, hands-on personality with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to gain respect and influence others.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, FTP, SSH), general networking technologies, networking components, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
- Experience managing the deployment and upgrades of Java based web applications in a Linux and Oracle environment
- Good understanding of storage architectures (SAN/NAS) and widely used storage equipment (EMC, Sun, HP etc)
- Knowledge of server systems design, RAID and disk subsystems, cluster management, troubleshooting, and hardware replacement
- Familiarity with multi-tiered, multi-tennant, highly available web applications in a hosted datacenter environment -including administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and preventative maintenance
- Familiarity with basic project management methodologies
- Solid understanding of IT Security best practices
- US Citizenship is required.
||4401 Wilson Boulevard |
Arlington, VA 22203
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED