Warehouse Distribution Specialist III Vermont Teddy Bear Company
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED DescriptionWarehouse Distribution Specialist III
Vermont Teddy Bear Company is currently seeking a Warehouse Distribution Specialist III. This position will perform all daily warehouse distribution tasks and transportation responsibilities. This position will operate the electric pallet jack, sit down counter balance lift, man up wire guided turret truck and Company truck.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Organize and ensure care of goods within warehouse location. This involves:
a. Storing goods within an established locator system that is neat, efficient and ensures goods can be retrieved or counted easily by all staff.
b. Taking steps to ensure goods are kept clean and otherwise free of damage and that they are rotated as necessary using First In-First Out principles.
c. Receipt processing of internal and external deliveries and return of paperwork to Receiving.
d. Unloading and loading of trucks and offshore containers, to include assisting Receiving Department with shipment sorting and counting.
e. Inspecting goods for quantity and quality following VTB guidelines. Accurately recording quantities received and clearly noting any discrepancies between the vendor paperwork and the internal purchase order, using proper forms.
f. Retrieve inventory from the warehouse as needed to keep all fulfillment lines stocked.
g. Process all Company repairs and damaged goods to include completing necessary paper work.
h. Put away returned merchandise.
i. Bulk pack merchandise to meet Company standards.
j. Change over stock as needed based on bin location updates for the fulfillment picking racks.
k. Able to be forklift certified.
l. Follows all ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by VTB and the department.
2. Retrieve and transport goods and supplies. This involves:
a. Filling and delivery of product requests to all VTB facilities on a timely and scheduled basis. This includes multiple locations within factory and offsite VTB locations. Possible lifting of product to 80 pounds.
b. Operating Company truck and other equipment (forklifts, to include both sit down electric and gas powered lifts wire guided turret truck and pallet jacks, etc.) in a safe manner and maintaining all equipment log entries and vehicle maintenance checklist.
c. Transportation of goods between VTB facilities daily and VTB vendors as necessary.
3. Perform inventory control functions such as filing accurate paperwork, cycle counting, labeling goods, helping with the Annual Physical Count and other receiving/warehouse duties as assigned.
4. Maintain security and cleanliness of warehouse.
5. Adhere to departmental Action Plans on a year-round basis.
6. Responsible for Turn-the-Walls participation as required during Peak Periods.
7. Follows all ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by VTB and the department.
8. Responsible for writing peer reviews and management assessments as requested.
Individual must be self directed, customer service oriented, able to organize goods within physical spaces, efficient, able to juggle multiple tasks.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
1. Minimum of one year experience in a warehouse environment.
2. Ability to operate forklift and appropriate warehouse equipment (pallet jacks, 2 way radio and hand carts), as well as Company truck. A clean driving record and valid driver?s license is required.
3. Knowledge and experience dealing with warehouse inventory principles.
4. Heavy lifting required.
||6655 Shelburne Road |
Shelburne, VT 05482
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED