Web Engineering Manager/Director/Lead PagerDuty
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
PagerDuty is not your typical Bay Area startup. We actually have paying customers: thousands of them in fact - and internationally. These range from established public companies (Microsoft, Nike, Sony, HP) to startups (Dropbox, Square, Yelp, Airbnb) and everything in between. As our business rapidly grows PagerDuty continues reinventing the world of ops software. We are "9-1-1 dispatch" for IT, helping operations engineers and devops resolve problems with their IT systems as quickly as possible. Backed by some of the valley's best investors including Y Combinator and Andreessen Horowitz, we have ambitious plans to grow and are seeking an exceptional individual to lead and direct our Web Engineering Division - an individual who understands and is excited by the fascinating challenges that come hand in hand with the mission critical nature of our products.
We're looking for an engineering manager who will take charge of our Web Engineering group. You will be responsible for:
- building a great team of engineers, and leading them to make sure they can do their best work
- working with the other engineering groups, sales & marketing, and the founders to make sure that the efforts of your group remain aligned with the objectives of the company
- debugging the engineering process when things don't go according to plan, and implementing fixes where necessary
- Your resume shows a clear path of progression into or towards a managerial role following several successful years as a Lead/Senior Software Engineer.
- You've experimented with different software development methodologies, and have an opinion on what works and what doesn't. You know there is a careful balance between up front thinking and shipping stuff and seeing what happens.
- You are genuinely excited by the prospect that 1 hour of carefully applied effort on your part can save 10+ hours of our engineers time. While you might not write much code yourself, you are delighted knowing that your work helps those who do write even more of it faster.
- VERY competitive salaries and company equity/stock options
- Generous paid vacation (3 weeks your first year, 4 weeks afterwards), unlimited sick days, regular holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan options for you and your spouse/family
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, and flex spending accounts
- Daily catered lunches and free snacks, drinks, and beer
- A brand new set of shiny Apple products (laptop of your choice with 27" monitor)
- Convenient office location in SoMA, blocks from BART, Muni and Caltrain public transit
We look forward to hearing from you!
||San Francisco, CA 94104 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED